Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  SCTFL Staff Talk  ~  Locking Threads

poop
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
Ok, I posted this in IRC but ill post it again here incase someone didnt see. When/if you have an argument with someone for any reason whatsoever, about any issue whatsoever.. Dont ever lock the thread yourself. Allow everyone to post whatever opinion they may have/want. When things have cooled down (No post for 24+ hours), A DIFFERENT admin should lock the thread and post that HE has locked it.

On the other hand, if someone starts swearing/insulting or attacking one of us directly, A DIFFERENT ADMIN should delete those posts, post that he has deleted them and why, and send a warning to the person who was posting the bullshit, or just lock the thread if necesary. If 2 non-admins start arguing about a league issue, leave the thread open, but lock it once they start swearing/insulting one-another.

Im basically saying that any arguments admins are involved in should be taken care of carefully and subtly.

Not saying that this is a problem for us or has happened before, but with the new version coming out with new bugs and new problems, as well as a new admin team(which hasnt worked together for long), we are bound to have some misunderstandings with other people. And locking threads too quickly will give us an image of abusing our admin position, so I wanted to post this to make sure this will not be a concern for us.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
I agree with this, but posting it wasn't really necessary I think we all knew it but yeah! ^^

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear