Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  SCTFL Staff Talk  ~  SCTFL Playoffs

Ouchek
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
Yeah well, as you guys know I was strongly against the Top 13 clans getting into the playoffs, but I thought about it and changed my mind.

To tell you the truth I still hate the Top13 thingy because it gives top 3 clans too many advantages and that's why we shouldn't use this system.
However, 16 clans is too much and we reward too much activity, I mean it is too easy reach the playoffs without even winning many cws, hence, I believe we should decrease the amount of clans reaching the playoffs to 12.

Only the TOP12 (possibly 14 but that wouldn't change many things) would get in the playoffs, at the moment many clans already know they got their spot in the playoffs only after the first half-season, knowing it's top 12 people will be a lot more active, and that would also solve the problem of activities in the last week, everymatch would count.

And I'm sure the very 12 best clans will be in the playoffs, promises playoffs to be intense, but that would decrease the playoffs time by a week.

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear
DragonSlayer
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Aug 2005 Posts: 1114 Location: Finland
Top 12? How would that work out?

I'm still fine with the 13 idea though. Top 13 or 16, I don't seriously care. Both are fine. Whichever you guys prefer.

AE/DragonSlayer
Ouchek
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
Top 12 would work like Top 16, what do you mean ?

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear