Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  SCTFL Staff Talk  ~  A few things before SCTFL begins

DragonSlayer
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Aug 2005 Posts: 1114 Location: Finland
Right now you need 5 players to join SCTFL but I think 3 is enough. That's because you are never forced to play with more than 3 players. And unlike in TNL, you aren't forced to play which is why inactivity with 3 players is not a problem. And if a clan with 3 players gets to the playoffs, that is definite proof that they are not inactive.

Should we make a rule that clans need IRC channel on qnet to sign up? I know it's not really "correct" to force anyone to do that but it might be for their own good and for the good of everyone. Adding people on MSN just to ask for a SCTFL cw can be very annoying and often not worth the effort. Most of the clans who don't use IRC don't even play during the whole season and forcing them to use IRC would make things easier for them even though they might be a bit skeptical about it at first. This will also bring new blood to the clan community and ensure it will stay alive.

During the free play in SCTFL9, enclave waited to post their match reports until the last moment in order to make AA| assume that they got the third position for sure. It was not fair at all and imagine if that happens again but, say, with 16th and 17th. We need to have a rule against that. What would be the best way to prevent this?

AE/DragonSlayer
Ouchek
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
1. At first I was against the 3-player-clans, but afterall it's worth a try, it wouldn't do any harm, even if they're not very active, that means more clans, and more activity for the league itself.

2. Indeed, it's not right to force people to install a program, but it's needed in my opinion. I believe having an IRC Channel should be necessary.

3. Yes, it was a very cheap attitude from Enclave.
I got an idea to prevent SCTFL from this, it would be something like : During the seasonyou have 24 hours to report your match otherwise it will not be counted, and in the last week (or day) you only have 1/2 hours to do so ( Half of the credits go to DS!).

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear
Ender
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
For European clans it's normal to have IRC but it's not normal at all for other communities like NA, Brasil, Turkey. They have perfectly functioning competitions with almost noone using IRC. I think it should be up to the clans to decide whether to use IRC or not, it's their loss if they play less cw's because they cannot contact other clans. We should stimulate IRC usage of course, just don't obligate it imo...

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
#1: Agree with you. But we dont want like 500 3 player clans joining and then just wasting space on the stats page without playing any matches.

#2: No. IRC is there to help with finding matches, and if some clan does not want to take advantage of that program, then its thier loss. We should not force anyone to download IRC because this league doesnt have scheduled matches anyways..

#3: I agree with Ouchek. Heres how it would be worded

- After a match is played, the winning team has 24 hours to report the match. If the match is not reported within 24 hours, then the match will be void. In the case of the Tie, the clans must decide within themselves who will report. Once again, if a match is not reported within 24 hours, the match is Void.

- For the final X days of the season, clans have ONLY 1 hour to report matches after they have been played. If the matches are not reported within 1 hour on these days, the matches are void.

We still need to decide all the rules changes/additions and then post the preliminary rules change file in the forum. I would say wait until we decide on the start date of SCTFL, and post the preliminary rules like 10 days before that date.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
We can't decide on the start of SCTFL since we're waiting for the new version to be out. But I agree that we should post the preliminary rules.

About the IRC thingy, think of the playoffs ? Although I'm pretty sure any clan which doesn't use IRC will not reach the playoffs, that could happen and that's another reason why IRC should be required.

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear
DragonSlayer
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Is it okay if I change the players needed to join to 3? I think we pretty much all agree on that one.

AE/DragonSlayer
Seancapsyourass
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
fbm

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I changed it.

AE/DragonSlayer