Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  SCTFL Staff Talk  ~  Public Opinion Polls?

poop
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
I think there are maybe 5-6 issues which we can make polls for to ask the public for thier opinions. Not that we necesarrily have to do what hte public thinks ofcourse, and we will make this clear on the actual polls, but it will be nice to get the publics opinion on some things and could make it easier to make our own decision. For example, a few issues

1. Health Cooldown
2. Freeplay period (Shorter or same)
3. Points System (Change or not)
4. More clans in playoffs
5. Intercontinental System (Change or not)

What do you think? If we do this, I think we should do it ASAP before the final match since after that these forums will be very inactive until next season is set to start.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Posts: 271 Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah, we've already said that there would be a public poll on the health cool down earlier in the season, so that definitely needs to be done. I'm all for getting the community's opinion on issues.

As I mentioned in IRC, we should put up a temporary forum where we can place all of the polls, along with an announcement stating that the results of the polls will not necessarily reflect the rules of the league. We should also state that even if the poll results are not reflected in the rules of the upcoming season, that they may possibly be considered for future seasons.

We still need to decide exactly what the polls will ask though. Even with something as straightforward as health cool down, there will be a lot of disagreement as to how it should be set. I think that we should create two polls (maybe create the second one a short while after the first). One would simply ask yes or no to it being enabled, and the other would ask something such as, "If health cool down is mandatory next season, how would you like to see it set?" The same type of idea could also be applied to some of the other questions.

As for the more elaborate questions (such as the points system), I think that we'll have to work out a more detailed idea before submitting them to the public.
poop
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I agree. I think we should set this up over the next few days befor ethe final match is played, so we can get the polls up while the forum is at its most active period.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Question #1 - Do you believe health cooldown should be enabled in SCTFL.
Options: Yes or no

If majority thinks yes, I think we should then make another question
Question #1b - What do you think should be the setting for health cooldown in SCTFL.
Options: 1-2 Seconds, 3-4 Seconds, 5-6 Seconds

---------------------------------------------------------------
Question #2 - Do you believe the freeplay period of SCTFL should be shorter than the current 6 weeks

----------------------------------------------------------------
Question #3 - Do you believe the tiebreaker map for SCTFL should be changed?

Im proposing this because this season, red side on laos won around 70% of matches. If majority thinks yes, we can make another poll with options for what they think tiebreak map should be.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Question #4 - Do you believe the points system for SCTFL should be changed to diminish the returns for extremely active clans.

We will post an example of a new points system in the actual post.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Question #5 - Do you believe more clans should be allowed to enter the playoffs.
Options: Yes - 20 Clans, Yes - 24 Clans, No

These are hte ones I could think of for now. When I think of other changes we should consider, ill post them.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Posts: 271 Location: Pennsylvania, USA
poop wrote:
If majority thinks yes, I think we should then make another question
Question #1b - What do you think should be the setting for health cooldown in SCTFL.
Options: 1-2 Seconds, 3-4 Seconds, 5-6 Seconds

I think that we should create the second poll irregardless of the result of the first. As we mentioned, the results of the polls will not necessarily determine the rules for next season. Even if the community votes no for health cool down, we may still decide to use it ourselves, and it would be convenient to have the poll data from earlier to help us make the decision on how it should be set.

Other than that, those questions seem fine. I will begin organizing the poll forum, but for now, I will set it so that only we can view it.