Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  SRL 2 Archives  ~  SRL2 is over!

Kasto
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
SRL Administrator Joined: 21 Feb 2006 Posts: 50
By the end of the season 36 clans had signed up, which is less than the last season but at the same time there were less active clans so productivity was higher. Among the signers were clans from last season and some new clans, all of them with goals to achieve.

The season got pretty much right off thanks to enthusiastic MoD who were eager to play and prove themselves but unfortunately they kind of faded away in the end. As always, there were more active clans as well as in active ones. Because there werenít that many clans in the list it was mostly matter of activity to make it to the playoffs. WG was trying to make most of the freeplay time so they were always asking for CWs and as the result went ahead of everyone else with an ease.

Top 8 clans got into the playoffs, in order of points: WG, DN, RR, USB, LAW, TFH, RSK and SADEX.
They all played their games, most of them in the time given, some games were delayed but in the end they were all played and the winner was decided: RR, second place was taken by DN and WG landed third this season.

During the season a new system was being tested to make the job of reporting CWs a bit easier. It wasnít received good at first but the opinion changed towards the end and by that time the system itself worked fine but there were minor problems, like some clans didnít sign up their members to the new match reporter.

All in all the season was a success, largely thanks to our lovely admins Madchal and others. Will RR keep their title in the next season? Only time will tell so keep on watching the skies.

P.S. Write down your own opinions about the season and what went with it so it would be educational and all Smile
TeRRoRinFANt
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 22 Feb 2006 Posts: 200 Location: Poland (that's EU, not the North Pole, mind you).
It went all wrong. I was told USB was going to win this. I suspect treachery.

Anyway, I'd like this league not to turn into a league where you always have the same clans and the same faces. Some fresh blood would be cool. And some fresh blood that's able to fight, like RR last season and SadEx this season. All in all, the thing should be growing bigger, acummulating like fossil on the bottom of a river and all.

I did like the match reporter (once it started working for me) and generally, it seemed to be well run.

Had my flame war (at the beginning, with RR), so that's covered as well.

Just get more people here and have them stay.

Secks den.
Madchal
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quote
SRL Administrator Joined: 19 Feb 2006 Posts: 516 Location: Sweden
We need everyone to spread the word around among the realmode/RS clans.

Great season, everybody.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote
One of the importantst lines from the Interview that I did with a RS Player.

- = Slaz, questions.
a = Answer.

- Why you play RS that much and not Realistic?
a: Because realmode servers don't got a stats system like most of the RS servers do have.
- What about leo's servers then?
a: They are to big, with stupid custom maps, and no fun beating them with 1.2.1 wm.
- What should we do to attract more players to realistic?
a: Get 2 no lag servers, 8 till 12 slots, one server EU hosted and one NA. Get a nice website where you can view the stats customer friendly, nice forum, and that should do it.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
Wow, if you want to bring people like that, gl with srl..
That's probably the stupidest reason I've ever seen..
I've got to play a bit with the r/s people they're too full of themselves, and what he's just said proves it.. I mean who the fuck cares about the stats, does he think soldat is some ecock contest?

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear
TeRRoRinFANt
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 22 Feb 2006 Posts: 200 Location: Poland (that's EU, not the North Pole, mind you).
I do. Razz

Ecockability contest ratings:

normal mode cocks < realistic mode cocks < R/S ultracocks wiv stats and zomgelitist 1337ness.

ZOMGbesides: If they want stats, a league's the ultimate place for them. I mean, if you win the league, you're the king of the hill of league stats.

Secks den.
Madchal
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
SRL Administrator Joined: 19 Feb 2006 Posts: 516 Location: Sweden
I gotta admit... I'm not too fond of the R/S players. Alot of them are really, as ouchek put it, too full of themselves.

But, I also want more clans to sign up... and seriously, its really fun to play and win against R/S clans, merely because of all the comments you get after the game Very Happy

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Yes... rs players are to full of themselves...
But yeah, realistic player are then again to soft or too sarcastic :Q

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 08 Feb 2006 Posts: 338
Wish more realistic teams would sign up, but the problem is, that SRL starts along the same times as TNL/SCTFL, and it's hard keeping up with 3 leagues.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Umm, so Slaz's point is that srl should have stats system? Shocked

Edit: btw, theres 2 good eu servers with slots for 10 players..
SlaZ
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
2 Servers, yes, stats no, website/forum for servers no.
No, I didn't mean to remove stats, I mean we should have 2 servers with stats on eu one na etc etc. So more players play realistic and more players make realistic clans or join sosoos bigger soosos more players enter SRL sososo marge!

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
NuC server has forums..
Rofl
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quote
TeRRoRinFANt wrote:

Anyway, I'd like this league not to turn into a league where you always have the same clans and the same faces. Some fresh blood would be cool. And some fresh blood that's able to fight

No problem.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 08 Feb 2006 Posts: 338
SlaZ wrote:
2 Servers, yes, stats no, website/forum for servers no.
No, I didn't mean to remove stats, I mean we should have 2 servers with stats on eu one na etc etc. So more players play realistic and more players make realistic clans or join sosoos bigger soosos more players enter SRL sososo marge!

That's just stupid.

If you want stats for a league, we'd have to obligate the winning team to include points in their match reports, like I did last season - this way we could count points at the end, and highlight some interesting stuff. Otherwise, cw servers with stats are a waste of money.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Can't you fucking read properly?! Sorry for my swearing but it seems you got a meltdown inside of your head.

"If you want stats for a league,"
Didn't mention that at all in my previous reply's.

My reply's only mention that we need more public activity, and for that and results of a poll people want realistic only servers with stats!