Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  SCTFL Staff Talk  ~  Re-Signups

poop
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:36 am Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
Well, its clear now that opening signups so early was a mistake. 40% of the clans the signed up are probably dead by now, 25% more will die by the time 1.3.2 is released (Which is end of march/start of april according to Chakra in soldat forums).

Instead of creating unnecasry confusion (And problems in Ender's report script if we use that)I would suggest just doing re-signups when we have definite proof of the date on which 1.3.2 will be released.

The only disadvantage of doing this is that it will be a admittance that opening signups so early was a mistake, but sometimes you have to let your ego take a hit when your in leadership positions (Unless your a tyrant Wink ).

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
I think it has no link with having an ego, I already admitted it was a mistake myself, I still believe it's unecessary to open them again and stuffs, people have already signed we can handle it.
Also it doesn't matter if clans die now or later and opening sign ups again will not change anything.
I don't get your point, however if everyone else wants them deleted now and re-opened later, I don't mind it, as I said it doesn't change anything.

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear
poop
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
The problem is half the clans will die, and thie rmembers will rejoin different clans. I cant see how you don't see my point. Let me explain in more simpler way..

1. I think we are planning to use Ender's script, which means that dead clans will pose a problem since when we add those rosters, the multiclanning rule will cause some trouble.
2. Because of problem #1, we will have to find out which clans have died etc/etc, which will waste time and it pointless, when the easier solution is to let clans signup again.
3. If we dont use Ender's script, it will still cause pointless waste of time and confusion adding all the clans and figuring out which clans are dead and stuff, which clans died before the league actually started, when the easier solution is to open signups again.

So my point is, it is easier to just reopen signups then first adding all clans, then figuring out which died, then figuring out which died before the league started, who quit which clan when, and so on.

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 738 Location: France
You exxagerated the numbers, nevertheless I agree with you we should start on a fresh basis.

(@xurich) if I'm not devirginized before next sctfl season, I am definitely quitting
(@xurich) allow me to make that clear
DragonSlayer
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Aug 2005 Posts: 1114 Location: Finland
It might be a good idea and I don't care about admitting it's our mistake or anything like that. I thought it was a bad idea to start sign ups so early to begin with so at least this time we should start them when we are absolutely certain about when the new version is coming out.

Last edited by DragonSlayer on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

AE/DragonSlayer
Seancapsyourass
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a good idea to me. I just hope people will understand and won't be like "WTF IM NOT SIGNING UP AGAIN OMG MAKING A SIGN UP TOPIC IS TOO TUFF!"