Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  General Discussions  ~  SCTFL 10 Rule Changes

DragonSlayer
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 06 Aug 2005 Posts: 1114 Location: Finland
The rules have been updated and can be found on SCTFL main page.

Here is the list of the important rule changes for the 10th season of SCTFL. Make sure you read and understand these and everything else what the rules state. Especially notice the new server settings. Feel free to ask any questions here if something is unclear to you.

RULE CHANGES:

Server Settings:
Minimap is Disabled
Remove the HealthCooldown=# line (setting it to 0 will not work, thanks to mar77a for testing it with me)

Misceallenous Rules
ADDED:
SCTFL will share banlists with SRL in cases of hacking or other serious offenses. We will also hold the right to issue bans for actions committed outside of SCTFL league play in cases of hacking. These will be worked on in a case-to-case basis.

ADDED:
If there are players who are not using the names given in the sign up or roster change topics, then the opposing clan has the right to know who these players are. The opposing clan also has the right to ask this in the match report topic. In case of either team having players with unfamiliar names in the match report topic, the SCTFL staff have a right to ask who is who relative to the names given in the sign up thread. If there is no respond to the SCTFL staff in the next 24 hours, penalties will be issued, including -3 points deduction to the clan breaking this rule.

ADDED:
After a match is played, the winning team has 24 hours to report the match. If the match is not reported within 24 hours, then the match will be void. In the case of the Tie, the clans must decide within themselves who will report. Once again, if a match is not reported within 24 hours, the match is void.

ADDED:
For the final 3 days of the season, clans have ONLY 1 hour to report matches after they have been played. If the matches are not reported within 1 hour on these days, the matches are void.

ADDED:
Any player who posts a fake match report will be banned from SCTFL.

Last edited by DragonSlayer on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

AE/DragonSlayer
mar77a
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 07 Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Location: Argentina
Server Encountered an error:
Division by zero
Shutting server...
Shutting down admin server...

20:03 <+ouchy`> i usually put my hands in my underpants
20:03 <+ouchy`> before important matches
20:03 <+ouchy`> warm them up
mar77a
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 07 Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Location: Argentina
Server Encountered an error:
Division by zero
Shutting server...
Shutting down admin server...

yarrrrrrr epic

20:03 <+ouchy`> i usually put my hands in my underpants
20:03 <+ouchy`> before important matches
20:03 <+ouchy`> warm them up
soldatdizzy
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
"The rules have been updated and can be found on SCTFL main page."

Not seeing it, chief. I click Rules and it gives me the SCTF9 rules. Help?

xfire todhostetler
soldatdizzy
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quote
"The rules have been updated and can be found on SCTFL main page."

Not seeing it, chief. I click Rules and it gives me the SCTF9 rules. Help?

xfire todhostetler
poop
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:24 am Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
http://sctfl.soldat.nl/index2.php go to the "Rules" page.

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quote
Got it... the header still says SCTFL9 rules but they are the SCTFL10 rules. I know that the admins are aware of this, I'm just posting in case it confuses anyone else...

xfire todhostetler
Vv00t
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quote
DragonSlayer wrote:

A match is considered intercontinental when the winning clan has all members playing from the same continent, and the losing clan has all but 1 member playing from a different continent as the winning clan.
EXAMPLE: Clan A plays Clan B. Clan A has 3 players from europe. Clan B has 2 players from North America. If Clan A wins, this match is considered intercontinental.

This rule is expressed rather misleadingly.

Lets say
Clan A = 3 ppl from NA,
Clan B = 2 EU + 1 NA

According to this rule, the match between these two can only be called intercontinental if clan A wins, but not in the event of clan B winning.

I suggest this be rewritten, cause as it is itll only deter from playing intercontinental (at least the Clan B types) ^^

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:48 am Reply with quote
Seems weird to me too. I think that Clan B should get the intercontinental bonus as well, in the above example. I'm sure the judges have put more thought into it than I have, but I would be interested to read their explanation.

xfire todhostetler
DragonSlayer
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quote
Vv00t wrote:
DragonSlayer wrote:

A match is considered intercontinental when the winning clan has all members playing from the same continent, and the losing clan has all but 1 member playing from a different continent as the winning clan.
EXAMPLE: Clan A plays Clan B. Clan A has 3 players from europe. Clan B has 2 players from North America. If Clan A wins, this match is considered intercontinental.

This rule is expressed rather misleadingly.

Lets say
Clan A = 3 ppl from NA,
Clan B = 2 EU + 1 NA

According to this rule, the match between these two can only be called intercontinental if clan A wins, but not in the event of clan B winning.

I suggest this be rewritten, cause as it is itll only deter from playing intercontinental (at least the Clan B types) ^^

That's how it is. The winning clan must have all the players from the same continent. We have our reasons to make it strict, biggest one being that most of the clans have players from one continent only and to make it as fair as possible, we don't want to give extra points too easily. The reason why losing clan is allowed to have one player from the same continent a the winning clan is to make it a bit more lenient.

Actually, what you said did make me think of one thing we didn't before. I doubt any clan wants to play a match against a clan from another continent if they have one player from the same continent and they know that they can't get intercontinental bonus but the other clan can.

We'll discuss this rule one more time today and change it if we think it's better that way.

AE/DragonSlayer
Devastated Mind
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Remove the HealthCooldown=# line (setting it to 0 will not work, thanks to mar77a for testing it with me)

I cannot find this line, although i did not delete anything in my soldat.ini. So what is this about?
DragonSlayer
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Search for HealthCooldown= and not HealthCooldown=#. The # indicates a value. The default is 5.

Note: it's in server.ini, not in soldat.ini.

AE/DragonSlayer
[SW] Perry
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Imho HealthCooldown is good enough to prevent Healthpacket-camp...
Why you had to remove it like that?
DragonSlayer
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
The reason was because it's part of the tactics to steal all the health packs and with, say, 2 seconds cooldown it would be too difficult and not as good in our opinion. 1 second wouldn't be long enough because you can't kill a player with full health in one second with all the weapons which wouldn't be good.

That and we don't really mind how things have been so far: we don't view health camping as a real problem. There wasn't really anything more to it.

AE/DragonSlayer
[SW] Perry
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quote
Tactics you call that nowadays...
Well nevermind then, you're the boss. If you think healthpacket-camping provides a better gameplay for all of us, ok let it stay that way.
Peace & out.