Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  SCTFL Staff Talk  ~  Admin Applications

poop
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
I will be using this thread to post all applications I receive so everyone can read them.

-------------------

Demonic

Soldat experience:
More than 3,5 years. Started in 1.2.0, beta tested from 1.2.1: my clan career also began at that time, with NbK. Formed the first Hungarian national team, been in various other clans, BA, SaD, Ria, 2Wai, Bee. Had some unsuccessfull clan projects of my own.

Community experience:
I'm known in most soldat communities ( minus for r/s ), and I'm also familiar with most people who play Soldat. Joined the IRC community during the times of Ba/SaD and c'n's private servers. Founded #Soldat.Realistic ( whick kind of died since, I don't know, left it behind ), co-founded #soldat.mapping, kept the hungarians together and brought them to IRC. Admining some private community at the moment. Became a Soldat Forums mapping moderator yesteryear, and still am.

Prior league experience:

Founded SNTL and admined it with Kaimelar, ouchek and later Chaka. Adminned in SRL. Been a player in TNL and SCTFL aswell ( with no real success ).

Why should I be admin:

Soldat is changing. A lot of old and reliable people are leaving things behind, and we're losing the dedicated people who make the whole community tick. I've always been around, witnessed a lot, tried to help when I could - it's time for the next step, and take a bigger role. It's the to pull this community a bit tighter, or it'll fall apart for good: think I can help in doing that.

Activity:

Next year is my final year in high school, and I plan to start learning polish aswell. But otherwise, I can spend a daily 2-3 hours for SCTFL, that's the average time I idle around doing nothing anyway.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Avenger

Soldat Experience: I've been playing soldat for about 4 years. Most of it I've played for SW. I was also in Ox, Aesir and CF. I was co-leader of Portuguese National team and still belong to the team.

Community Experience: I've some experience regarding PT soldat community (it's short one I know) and most of the more important soldat communities around EU. On the other hand, I'm not quite inside NA communities :X. I've been in SCTFL community for about 2 years now.

Prior League Experience: Almost none. I've helped a bit in IPC (stayed in the background however), a league created by SW and ND.

IPC link: http://www.ipc.soldat.glt.pl/

Why I should be admin: Well I suppose it would be to help and aid people around SCTFL. I have basical knowledge of html and php, have had lots of maths in uni (engineering course), I consider myself a logical person (way too much sometimes), I know to hear people and I am a hard working person. I am a patient person and I believe I can speak english well. I try to be objective in judging people and fairness in this game, although I believe it lacks a lot in most of the communities.

Activity: Depending on the university time (starting mid september) but I guess i can devote around 2/3 hours a day till the end of summer. That makes about 15 hours a week.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:18 am Reply with quote
Ciesta

Hello Poop, Im sending this SCTFL admin application because i really like this league called SCTFL and it would be an honour to keep the league alive and stable.

Location: I'm from Europe, Finland,as known as the land of thousand lakes.

Soldat Experience: I've played soldat for 5 years, but mostly Realistic mode but i have been following SCTFL league for few years. I personally started playing normal mode half a year ago.

Community Experience: I'm a very well known player at realistic community and im sure many normal mode players know me by now(atleast i know most of them).

Prior League Experience: I've been admin in few duel tournaments and i have always been a great help for Madchal with his SRL admining/beta testing.

Why you should be admin: I'm sure everyone writes here that they wanna help this league. But yup thats true. Since so many admins are going to retire i got pretty scared. I personally think that i would be great help for this league to keep it alive,fair and stable.

Activity: I am very active soldat player, soldat is the only game i play at the moment. I'm sure that i would be very active/fair/good admin to this League.

Thanks for considering my application.

Regards,
Ciesta

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quote
Chaka

here we go:

Soldat Experience: Uff cant really say when i started with this game. i guess around mid '04. started in a clan full of reallife friends as synatick and basti_fantasti... i got an offer from FM| (Fragged Monkeys)...time passed by and i joined ND which was my first international clan. after 2-3 months i got enough from being with 10 poles. bit annoying even if they were pretty cool. after that i joined SN (soldiersnightmare); achieved the runners up in tnl ? 3 or 4.
shortly after the end of tnl mandlc asked me to join Xfect. i was like "hell" yeahbecause i got the chance to play with basti again. xfect died few months after i joined it.
clanless for like 7 months. then Asy up to now.

Community Experience: through my mates i started in theinternational scene from the beginning, even if selfkill.com is big german community, i never got into it. i knew sctfl from thebeginning i started soldat. i even got offered an admin spot when redevil retired. but i denied it. hadnt much timeback then.

League Experience: Well i was gather admin for a quite long time ~2 years. which is in my opinion the biggest soldat project - but sadly not the best anymore. i also ran the smtl, a nationalteam league, with ouchek and demonic which had a very good start but died due to inactivity of thr teams.

I should be an admin, because im pretty much into the scene. well known by almost everyone(atleast in the "euroscene"). can come along with almost everyone which makes me NOT based in taking any decisions, so im pretty much objective. im online a lot(since im at university and donthave todo shit) considering the two years of being a gather admin makes me a "perfect" choice of a sctfl admin. i hope that with my experience, my knowledge and maybe good ideas i can help this league getting better or atleast running smooth and perfect like the previous.
i want sctfl to be a fair league for all. na's and eruos!

another note: well im an old prick - 21years. so im pretty sure i can show the right and needed behaviour of an good admin and the respect towards everyone.

so long

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quote
Aphec

I am located on the western side of Canada, specify White Rock, British Columbia. In my soldat career that has lasted over several years ( Version 1.3.1).
I've been in many different clans. They have ranged from being one of the best, to being one of the worst. The clans I would like to mention would be (NS-)(SiR|)(.:*DETH*:.)([uL]-)(EA/)(s/0][)(war|)(-EL-)(AA|) and now [DC] where I wish to play the rest of my soldat career in.
My home community I would say would be "Fractured Soldat", and "SCTFL Forums", without these communities I would not be where I am today. They have gotten me into many different situations which bring myself and fellow soldat players together.
I'd say that i`m familiarized with the whole community, and knowing most of the unknown, and known players.
As a head "Administrator" I have had no experience but as a "Moderator" I have had experience with. I was a "Moderator" to TSL ( http://www.tsl.fracs.net/ ). My Job was to keep up to date all the clans that joined, and make sure the forums are safe and players don't register with over 1 username.
I'd like to be an "Administrator" to be able to help the whole soldat community to strive as far as they can go. I'll bring my well rounded attitude, my HTML skills, design capability, and my skills for being able to work situations out.
My activity is major when it comes to soldat, I am on for usually 5-6 hours a day, in summer, and when school is in.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers, Aphec

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quote
Xyrus

Soldat Experience:
He's played for over four years since1.1.3(7th march 2003) and joined C.K soon after. A few months after that he made {EF} which has been alive now for 3 years 2 months(when irc chan was made).
Unlike other long running clans {EF} has remained active and one of the top clans of soldat for most of that time, all thanks to him. He's been through many bad times(mostly caused by me tbh) and held the clan together through all of them. He has won many awards with {EF}, has stuck to his principle of not using any auto's, And in all the time i dont actually think he's kicked one member(ouchek doesnt count)

Community Experience:
He's been a popular member of the community for as long as i can remember and you wont find many people with a bad word to say about him. The majority of player's know him and respect him, he's a classy modest guy that seldom acts arrogant or insulting to other people(asy dont count).

Prior League Experience: He ran the CKC cup a long time ago but aside from that hasn't been an admin in any major leagues, He played in SCTFL from i think SCTFL 3/4 and is fully aware of all the rules in the league and how it works.

Activity: He's online every day and idles on irc when he's at work too, so he'll be available most of the time

Why he should be admin: He's a cool guy that won't let anything stop him from being fair and objective in any problems that come up, as i said earlier i think he's fairly well respected by most of the community and has a lot of knowledge of SCTFL and its workings. He's spoken of wanting to admin here before and i think he's fully capableof it but just hasn't put himself forward for it, so heres my plea for his case!

Thank you.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quote
lordrohith

Soldat Experience: Started playing in 1.2.1 but took a few breaks until 1.3.1 when I actually started getting into the clan scene. http://wiki.soldat.nl/Lordrohith
Community Experience: I'm pretty well involved with the Fractured Soldat community and fairly familiar with the entire soldat community. I'm also an admin of Fractured Soldat and an admin of #sna.gather. I've only been involved with the SCTFL community since last season.
Prior League Experience: I haven't been an admin of any other leagues but I used to help organize Fractured Events.
Why you should be admin: I feel I would make a good admin because I'm impartial and objective especially when it comes to dealing with disputes/problems. My skills include basic HTML, fair bit of mIRC scripting, and photoshop. I know that I haven't been involved in SCTFL as much as some others have but I would really like to be more involved and help out the community and I hope that I can be an addition to the admin team.
Activity: Per week I can devote at least 7 hours to SCTFL.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Coltronic

Soldat Experience: I have been around for close to 2 years now, probably more. I know the NA people have known me. Been in a few different clans, on both the NA and Euro scene.
Community Experience: Cultured in both sides of the community. Been a member of fracs, and sctfl for a while.
Prior League Experience: None, but it's hard for an NA person to be experienced in leagues besides SCTFL, the others just suck. Unless you mean played in... Then I have played in numerous leagues!
Why you should be Admin: I am dope... Plus reliable and unbiased. Also pretty likable if I may say so myself. I just have those intangibles that are so crucial.
Activity: Well besides school and baseball, this is pretty much all I do. So it is dependent, but I should be active at least daily.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Snipifun
Soldat Experience: I started playing Soldat in the early 1.1.3, starting with publics without a clan with a name I forgot. I was in a DB clan for some time, and once in a RSA clan before my current "noob" clan Holy Alliance.
Community Experience: I am involved with Soldat Finland, Elite CTF, TMS(The Mapping Showcase), where I am a contest manager(atleast that's what they said, MRP(Mike's Realistic Playground)where I am an admin. I have been in the SCTFL community since SCTFL 10, where my clan signed up. I am somehow known in the official Soldat forums.
Prior League Experience: I haven't currently been in any other Soldat leagues, but I have been in league staff in other games, like C&C Renegade, where I was in a league(can't remember the name) as a head admin.
Why should I be an admin? I am a good mathematician, I speak fluent english, I am logical and objective, and I'm currently training HTML. I am also very active and check these forums atleast once a day.
Activity: I am possible to spend about 24-56 hours per week for SCTFL.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Cwaniak

Hi dudz d(^^)b
Soldat Experience: start since 3 years. Have big knowledge of soldat :]
Community Experience: Im acitve in community so everyone can talk with me when he have any problems Smile
Prior League Experience: none Sad
Why you should be admin: I wanna do somethink good for all players :]
Activity: Im very active. I can devote 4 hours daily :]

Cwanik the crafty :]

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Mar77a

Soldat Experience: have been playing the game since 1.1.4, started playing on-line during 1.1.5, got into the NA clan scene in 1.2.1 (and the rest of the world in 1.3).
Community Experience: Joined soldatforums.com Oct 2003, joined fracs.net Apr 2006, member & moderator of the small local community. Beta tester since Jan 2007. Also wrote some applications and useful scripts: stats scripts, demo players, bot generators, lobby stuff, etc.
Prior League Experience: SNAG -> http://nagather.u13.net/
Why? I've free time and enjoy taking part in important decisions. I've got some extra qualities as well; I know web & programming languages, I like maths, philosophy & english.
Activity: mucho

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
Jopez

I'm sorry about that I'm sending you a message before you actually started recruiting, but that's only because I'm really interested about this.

I'm from Finland. I'm admin in Soldat Finland community. I've been around in soldat world since 2004, and I know almost every person from Alterego and Apostate, and also people from other most known clans know me. My clan history looks quite interesting compared to my gaming skills, I've been e.g. in -MN- (Metsänaperot), CF | (Cross-Fire) and -Elite- (a clan with Redninja and AWPro). I also made a clan with Demonic, but it died soon.

I've been keeping up my own Black 'n' White Cup two times, and I've learned a lot. Exempli gratia Alterego praised those little, 8-team invite cups (AE won first cup, and MG second). I like this kind of work in the world of soldat, because I will never become as good player as I want to.

Now, during summer holiday, Im not as active as usually, but mostly when I'm present, I waste my time in front of computer with no purpose. (often too many hours, about 2-3 hours a day when I'm at home and I have nothing to do, so it's around 10-15 hours a week)

I've learned webdesigning and that kind of stuff quite long. I would say that my xhtml and css skills are proper. I also know a little php, but I'm trying to learn more all the time. Also about MySQL.

Thanks,
Jopez.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
ElGato

Soldat Experience:Although I haven't been in as many clans as other people I have been playing soldat since 1.2 and been a part of the community since late 1.2.1. Notable clans have been SM, iV, EL, TR and DC. There were a couple others from when I first started but they had little impact on the community. Also as hard as I have tried to leave soldat, I always have spare time and keep coming back.
Community Experience:I haven't been a big part of the SCTFL forums or even the soldat forums but in the Fractured community I consider myself fairly well known as it is not too large and it holds most(all?) of the competitive NA clans/players. I have done many gathers with many people, both NA and European and have met many players from some of the top clans that compete in the SCTFL even if they don't know it, I use many nicknames.
Prior League Experience: The only other league I have been a part of was the TSL, or Tri-Soldat League. As much I admire LadySolja for the effort she puts into her little projects they all seem to crash and burn. I was an admin for this league but I was told very little on what to do and updating the stats was such a mess that it was much better if one person did it alone so nothing got mixed up. I tried to improve it with numerous suggestions for the next season but the general feeling among the other admins was that it was over after it's 1 and only season.
Why I should be admin: I have been with the competitive soldat community for a while now and I can't see myself leaving anytime soon, I have too much free time and the game keeps drawing me back. And even though I may not be the most well known person in the game, I don't think I have met anyone yet that doesn't get a long with me, I am very objective in decisions I make regarding clans and I would be the same way with another league. I have the time to be online everyday and I would like to be part of something more important than just simply leading another clan, I have offered my services to the fractured community many times and have proven to be a trustworthy person to many others already. I think this is an incredible game for people just to gather and play for free and I would like to do what I can for it.
Activity: I can't give exact hours but I can be online everyday of the week for multiple hours unless my circumstance changes. At the moment over 20 if need be.

Thank you admins and I hope you consider me.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:52 am Reply with quote
Paiee

Name: Camill.
Game nick: Paieeh
E-mail: paiee-yell@hotmail.com
Soldat experience: Playing soldat since 2004, previous clans: |MG|, l33t, Asy/, :|RTW|:. Favourite mode - CTF, been playin others as well, but CTF is best ever.
Soldat communities: Being part of TNL, SCTFL and TPC community. Got well relationships with most of the 'big' SCTFL and other communities family.
League Experience: Haven't been an admin in any of leagues yet.
Why you should be admin: I know most of the responsibilities of admin in soldat leagues. I've got lots of spare time which i could spend on help in developing forum/league. I'm kinda inteligent person ( Very Happy ) , honest and responsible. I've got a knowladge how to moderate a forum, been in mod-staff on few forums. Well knowledge of foreign tongues: Polish and bit of Italian.
Activity: Somedays from 4 hours a day to minimum 2.

Regards,
Paieeh

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quote
Spectral

Name: Spectral

Soldat Experience: I started playing in late 2002, and have been active to semi-inactive since then, remaining in the clan scene throughout almost my entire career. My clan history is an extensive one, and I maybe forgetting some in the list below:
* Ninja Fish
* New World Anarchy
* Silent Anarchy
* Fuckem' All
* Team Robot (+)
* Biohazard
* Saevus Exercitus (leader)
* Special Ops (leader)
* NS (not sure of the name, it was similar to BH)
* Ruthless 7
* The Syndicate
* Cake 'n Sodomy a.k.a. unpure
* immundus deus
* X'fect
I would like to consider myself among the elite players of Soldat history, which I believe my clan experience is a testament to. I have participated in numerous Soldat competitions, including victories in TPC 1, 2, and TNL-B. I have been active in the clan scenes in both Europe and North America. I also had leadership positions in two NA clans, both of which were successful considering my efforts to recruit and nurture up-and-coming Soldat players.

Community Experience: Ever since I started play Soldat, I have been a visible member of the community. Having been active for such a long period, I am well known in both the Euro and NA communities. My activity on forums has been somewhat inconsistent - no longer do I regularly visit the Soldat Forums, though I would have no problems in doing so for the sake of SCTFL. I currently visit the Fractured Forums fairly regularly.
The most active and direct embodiment of a Soldat community is on IRC, which I take a part in on a daily basis. I have been an administrator for the extremely popular Soldat Gather community since its conception, in which I must deal with problems often. In 2005, I was a DJ for Soldat Radio, and I am also a Beta Tester. My continued interest in Soldat has given me important connections throughout the Soldat community.

Prior League Experience: I was briefly an admin for SCTFL, but due to it becoming inactive for some time I fell out of touch with it. I would not let this happen again. I somehow retained my power to update matches and did so in the previous SCTFL. Being an admin for Soldat Gather, I was involved in the small gather tourney that was held several months ago.

Activity: I will not have an abundance of free time to devote to SCTFL due to classes, work, and having a life. That being said, I will still be able to give time during the week (usually in the evening) and weekends (Saturday afternoons and Sundays). Thus, taking care of administrative duties should not be a problem.

Why I should be an admin: Despite not having much admistrative experience in Soldat leagues, due to the fact that I have played in so many, I feel that I am well versed in what needs to be done in running a league. I am very familiar with various rules that have been used, and would try to make playing in the league as simple and hassle-free as possible. Thus I would make a great attempt to making the league structure and match format easy to follow and agreeable with members of the active community. Having so much experience in clans and in the community, I know what works and what doesn't, and I am in touch with what players think. As a well repected and recognized figure in the Soldat world with connections on both sides of the Atlantic, I would easily act as a moderator between people in Europe and NA. My reasoning and logical skills are exceptional as seen in my coursework in mathematics. I have done well in college level courses on calculus, differential equations, and statistics. I have a clear and focused mind and would able to offer input and make difficult decisions regarding sticky situations if they were to occur. With keen attention to detail gained through years of rigorous academic study, and a vast career in Soldat to draw from, I aim to make sure there are no loopholes, irregularities, or gray areas in running of SCTFL to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Thank you.