Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  Poll Forum  ~  Should health cool down be enabled?

Do you believe that health cool down should be enabled in SCTFL?

Yes  
38%
  [ 21 ]  38%

No  
61%
  [ 34 ]  61%

Total Votes : 55
xurich
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Posts: 271 Location: Pennsylvania, USA
This question is largely self-explanatory. For those who don't know, health cool down is essentially an option in the Soldat server that prevents a player from picking up more than one health pack in X number of seconds. It's a newer feature that the administrators decided not to implement last season.

The proponents of health cool down generally argue that health camping is far less of a problem when cool down is enabled. They also suggest that laggers have less of an advantage because you will have more time to kill them before they suck up another health pack.

Opponents of health cool down generally argue that health camping has never been a major problem and that it's simple to prevent. They also suggest that being able to steal the other team's health packs quickly is an essential tactic to winning on some maps.

An older discussion of the issue can be found here:
http://sctfl.soldat.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5126

Even if you posted in the older topic, please give your input here so that we can keep everything organized. Also, opinions of certain players or administrators may have changed over the course of the season, so we are not going to rely on the older topic to help us decide any of next season's rules.
alper
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
the health cool down is repressive for the fluent gameplay.

and to be honest, there were less so called medi campers in this season. i don't know what it is linked up with, but it's not necessary at all.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 08 Feb 2006 Posts: 338
I believe there should be a smaller event, like some cup to try this feature out to see whetever it's as shit as it seems.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quote
stealing health is nice. no doubts. but one should be versatile enough to live without it in one of two major leagues anyway.

and how is it that this would SLOW DOWN anything?
As a matter of fact, health cooldown, if the settings are proper, would help against very defensive strategies, therefore allowing MORE attacks to actually be successful, if properly executed.
So if anything, this feature would be a cause of more caps in general, one can therefore hope for more interesting matches not easily dominated by defense.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote
KaraKura Gold Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Posts: 279 Location: Northern Ireland
I disagree the main way to stop people defending most of the map is to steal the meds on them but like demonic i've never actually tried them either so i wouldn't mind doing a few matches with them

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote
I also agree it should be nice to actually check it on a few wars to see the difference before actually deciding what's best to do.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 07 Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Location: Argentina
more than defensive med whoring, this makes the whole "steal all of their meds" thing harder which i don't see a point in making harder

20:03 <+ouchy`> i usually put my hands in my underpants
20:03 <+ouchy`> before important matches
20:03 <+ouchy`> warm them up
Nitro
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quote
true

*DEAD* 69N-28E contE : vitun mustalainen toi admini
PoKuaN
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, I voted yes, there should be health cooldown. I've stated my opinion before.
I don't see how someone can consider medic packs whoring a tactic, or a pro way of achieving a victory. It's pure lameness, not to mention the fact that if you get a lagger, you won't be able to kill him, even if you use 100 nades. On the contrary, if you get a nade on your head, b00m, you're dead. Quite uneven, wouldn't you say?