Soldat CTF League Forums ~ Archive Forum Index

<  Poll Forum  ~  Should Freeplay Period be Shorter?

Do you believe the SCTFL Freeplay Period should be shorter than the current 6 weeks?

Yes  
62%
  [ 37 ]  62%

No  
37%
  [ 22 ]  37%

Total Votes : 59
poop
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 22 Sep 2004 Posts: 1029 Location: USA
The question is rather simple, should the freeplay period be shorter than 6 weeks.

Pros
The SCTFL Freeplay period is currently too long and 2 matches per day over the course of 42 days is way too much for less active clans. 6 Weeks seems like a never-ending freeplay. Something like 4 weeks of 2 matches per day would be more achievable for less active clans than 6 weeks of 2 matches per day. Shorter freeplay also means a SCTFL season will be around 2 months compared to the current 2.5, and new SCTFL's will start sooner.

Cons
People who believe freeplay should be shorter say that shorter freeplay will help less active clans. This is not necesarrily true. For example, if freeplay was 4 weeks, the average matches per day for the most active clans would increase, because they will not be affected as much by the 2 match against clan per half rule. (A clan can only play the same clan 2 times in each half of freeplay). You will ofcourse see less overall matches, but the ratio's of matches per day will most likely increase. The people who believe that freeplay should be 6 weeks believe that the last 2 weeks actually help the less active clans more than the more active clans.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:32 am Reply with quote
I think 4 weeks, divided in 2+2, would be the better system. 6 weeks are far too long and some clans can't make it to the playoffs cause of that. Besides that, it will reduce the amount of work for the admins Laughing Rolling Eyes and allows seasons of SCTFL to become more regular in time. Smile

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Definetely, it should be shorter.
I felt an obligation during this season, of maintaining 1-2 hours a day of soldat. It's too much, for many people. A less free play time would prevent that, I think.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quote
Personally I'm not affected by the long freeplay period since I can manage to spend an hour or 2 a day on soldat but I agree with shortening the period as it would increase the quality of the clans that make it to the playoffs.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:38 am Reply with quote
PoKuaN wrote:
Definetely, it should be shorter.
I felt an obligation during this season, of maintaining 1-2 hours a day of soldat. It's too much, for many people. A less free play time would prevent that, I think.

Sorry but one hour of soldat in a day is not too much. No matter how you look it and besides you probably have more than 3 guys in clan so you don't even need to be on every day.. No it shouldn't be shortened, bein' active is one thing which clans needs to maintain and six weeks freeplay system will surely keep the inactive clans away.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
Dude, one hour each day makes 7 hours a week, which emplies you spent a whole day at the end of the month. It IS too much. Life is not restricted to soldat.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Administrator Joined: 07 Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Location: Argentina
You don't have to play every match, and you can deal with inactivity by winning intercontinental matches (if you're that good Smile ).

20:03 <+ouchy`> i usually put my hands in my underpants
20:03 <+ouchy`> before important matches
20:03 <+ouchy`> warm them up
Avenger
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
Well maybe next time I manage to have about 16 players in my clan (about 8 EU and 8 US) so I can play 30 matches a day, about 20 hours a day. Maybe this would fit some of the posts I've seen here... You can still be active in a 2+2 period EOT, nothing changes if you reduce freeplay period. Rolling Eyes Inactive clans won't get active just cause freeplay has less 2 weeks...